Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leaves & the 21st Century


I just scanned in this screen print I did last year and wanted to share it with the Internet. It was just a test print, but as you all know success is often unintentional (a.k.a. happy accidents.) I was printing leaves and tested it on some paper that Natalie had test printed her brown eggs on, that accompanied a chicken. It turned out rather magical.

I scanned that in because I thought it would work well as a background for the Illustration I'm working on. This brings us to the 21st Century part: Digital Illustrations! I have colored 3 illustrations digitally so far this semester, which is rare for me, BUT I'm getting into it. I do all the line work by hand, and then scan in and color it with the wacom tablet. In this last one I scanned in textures, and the leaf print so it wouldn't be so flat. It is for 4 events going on in Mpls on a random weekend (Rauschenberg show, hip hop dance, comic con, and Prairie Home Companion) ALSO we could only use pink, yellow, & green. Still not sure about the pink.


This is the first digital piece of the semester, "Berger Hauler" or "The Perfect Summer" about a dude (Will Hayes) who steals a bus for the summer and camps out in a parking lot.


This is about a forest by my house.

j/k

4 comments:

Lauren said...

yay I think you picked it because I brought it to your attention during our study nite.

YES. now i can steal this image and use it as my desktop background.



luv it

Yellow Lilly said...

lauren- YOUR RIGHT!

Monstertoke said...

the one of will is fuckin funny

jenny. said...

cool forest!!