Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cult of Flowers


I've been getting into flowers pretty heavily this year, and I am considering it for the subject matter of my senior project. Currently I am collecting any and all info about flowers, (cultural associations/uses/whatever.) Let me know if you got some dirt on flowers. For instance, in my Native American art class I learned about "THE CULT OF FLOWERS", which in brief is when the Native Americans adopted floral imagery from the Europeans for use in their bead work. I scanned in these drawings from my sketchbook, which are a bit different from my usually way of drawing. These are of my orchid plant in my room, so they are still life's, I guess.


Oh No! They got all closed up!


Whew! They opened back up.


This is not an orchid, where did this come from?


This I scaned in because every time I flip through my sketchbook in class to find what page I'm on, this page inevitable plops open for all to see. It's somewhat embarrasing, but not really.

1 comment:

abigail said...

those orchid drawings are really beautiful.