Monday, May 18, 2009

Cult of Flowers Tour


I just tore down my final exhibition at MCAD and will now take you on a photographic tour.





Above are some close-ups of spreads from the magazine, the poster, and the masks.



Here is an example of some of the original art that went into the magazine, and the bundle of 20 copies I made.








Up above are some of the spreads of the magazine, and a look at the cover and liner pages.

The cover/dust jacket folds out to be a poster of Modern and Historical Heroines, featuring women like Ruth Voights and Kitten Forever.
I still have more copies to assemble and since I just freed my bundle from the show I can finally give copies to contributors!

3 comments:

whitney said...

oh hey kelly!

man I wish I could have seen your show, it looks REALLY good.

Now, what are you going to do about the "future".

A Friend of mine has a business in north carolina creating digital magazines. It's kind of a crazy idea but maybe right up your alley.

When you're sitting at greenmill, do you ever feel like you're sitting in an alley?
Would you ever admit you've gone to green mill?

let's go to the beach and live there forever.

Jordan Kay said...

I can't wait to get back into town and steal all your contributer copies for myself! Haha! Yes!

But seriously.

Jordan Kay said...

hoi hoi when do we get to hang out? eh?