Friday, April 3, 2009

SPRING BREAK '09

Break has been spent mostly on Senior project, other homework, and some fun. First I will show you my solution for a "3d illustration" brief. After a lot of deliberation and anguish I decide I would make my roommates and I riding birds. This first photo is the final, and the one bellow it is  a 'behind the scenes' polaroid by binnes. 



Below is a screenshot of the liner pages I'm working on for the Cult of Flowers publication. I plan to make it more of a pattern, with small flowers and names under the portraits. However, It kind of took forever to draw 11 portraits I was happy with and thought captured at least some of the likeness of the person, so I wanted to show it now. For fun, why not click the picture to make it bigger and see if you recognize anybody? (Hint: they are all musicians)ANSWERS: DONT LOOK UNLESS YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME AND ALREADY GUESSED:
Top row Left to Right: Cat Power, Karen O, CocoRosie, and Nico. Middle row: Beth Ditto and JD Samson. Bottom row: Blondie, Betty Davis, Peaches, and Patti Smith. 

I will close with two pictures from the lovely COF photo shoot, up top is Jordan, and on the bottom is the deadly M.B.

5 comments:

abigail said...

deadly, hah. i look crosseyed. what is the backdrop for the bird image? the final one looks so good!

Monstertoke said...

those portraits are really good!!

Ben Innes said...

"machine gun mullen," as they called her in the corps.

Jack said...

Hey kellly! i want to wish you luck on your senior project!!!!!! WOHOOO okay byeeee

whitney said...

update, you ho.