Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cult of Flowers/Art Shanty


I officially have a flickr now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cult_of_flowers. I will be uploading photos there, rather than here, I think. I visited the Art Shanty's and saw the extraordinary "Ex-Lovers" and stayed long after I lost feeling in my toes.
On another note I basically decided what I am doing for my senior project: An Alternative Magazine for Young Women, entitled (tentatively) CULT OF FLOWERS. I need to collect/conduct interviews/articles for it starting now. If anyone has suggestions for good women role models to interview, or ideas for features or columns, let me know! Sassy magazine (r.i.p) is an inspiration for the content, although I've never actually held a copy. I've also been enjoying researching tons of other magazines for design and layout inspiration.

FINAL NOTE: I found this mysterious .jpeg on my desktop, entitled "bribe" if someone put it there, give me more details please, because the answer is probably yes.

7 comments:

amalia said...

DO YOU WANT TO BORROW MY BOOK ON ZINE MAKING BY FRANCESCA LIA BLOCK!??!?


that sounds like an awesome project, kelly!

Yellow Lilly said...

AMALIA- YES PLEASE!!!

amalia said...

OK BECAUSE I AM BRINGING IT TO YOU TODAY AT MCAD. GET READY.

Jack said...

questtioonnnnn you know that one drawing a dick someone did in my apartment that you guys hid that one time? Where did you put it because I never actually found it and now I moved out and the next person probably did lol......

jenny. said...

I MISS THE SHANTIES

also, LOVE your senior project idea. hmmm. women are cool. i want to have suggestions for you, but i can't think of any right now, ha. but maybe soon.

terese said...

omg franscesa lia block was my fav. can i see the book too? thanks for taking a neat photo of me!

Yellow Lilly said...

Terese: Yes, I'll bring it by your studio some day!